Comfort Custom Mattresses and Marine Bedding Inc. Blog
Today is National Relaxation Day! Relaxing is something we all do at some point in our day, whether it be in the morning, during the day, or just before bed. We feel relaxing is underrated & since most of us work today and won't be able to relax until later, we are sharing our favorite ways to relax before we sleep.
1. Meditation - Meditating has become a popular way to improve your mental, physical, and emotional health. Meditation is a stress soother, which means it activates the autonomic nervous system that promotes stress relief, deep breathing, & better sleep. Think of meditation as more of a reset button for stress if you will. There are many different ways to meditate before sleep and no two individuals will meditate the same way. There is Guided Meditation where a soft voiced individual relaxes you and teaches you how to meditate or meditation through relaxing music or sounds such as rain. Either method you choose can give you a more relaxed state of mind with less stress & restful sleep.
2. Reading a Book- The University of Sussex performed a study that proved that 6 minutes of reading can lower stress by 68%. As previously mentioned, lowering stress can promote restful sleep. This method actually tricks our mind to not think about the stress in our lives. By reading a book, we can go to an alternate reality which has a calming effect. The University of Sussex says that reading a book relieves stress faster than music, going for a walk, or drinking a cup of tea.
3. Take a walk - Taking a walk would seem to do the opposite than relax you, but walking is a stress reliever. When you are walking, you are outdoors feeling the elements. Nature can be a relaxant by itself, but combined with focused breathing and the chemicals released to your brain due to exercise causes relaxation. 10 minutes a day can cause a noticeable change in stress management. Managing stress can cause you to feel more relaxed. Also, getting into a routine with exercise, even walking, will cause you to sleep better due to the rapid increase & decrease in body temperature. When your body temperature decreases, you fall asleep.
4. Drink tea - When you drink a cup of hot tea, something says relax. There are many teas out there that promote sleeping, but how do they work. Camomile is a tea that has a mild sedative effect which helps us relax and get better sleep. American Passionflower is another herb that can be used to make tea. This herb calms anxiety and nervousness to get a better sleep at night, but should be avoided by pregnant women. The aroma of tea also causes us to be calm and relax.
You can try to combine some of these methods together to start a routine before bed such as meditate and drink some herbal tea afterwords. Relaxing is the best way to get better sleep and we hope some of these methods brings more relaxation into your life. Happy Relaxation Day!!
Our mattresses spend a lot of time with us and they need to be properly cared for to give you years of great sleep. A mattress is an investment and the average person spends roughly $500.00 to $3,000.00 on a mattress. If you’re spending that kind of money, you may want to treat your mattress with the greatest care to get the most out of your mattress. Not taking diligent care of your mattress will cause a reduced lifespan and you’ll be spending more money sooner than you thought.
Most mattresses can last you between 5-7 years and with poor
care, you may be replacing your mattress sooner than that. Some mattresses have
a longer lifespan due to the materials it is made from, which brings me to my
- Research materials used to make the mattress before you purchase. By researching the materials, you will learn the benefits of each type of material that are in different mattresses. For example, there are 2 types of Latex, Dunlap Latex & Talalay Latex. Talalay Latex is made with a process that makes the Latex more natural than other Latex. Talalay Latex is hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, dust mite & mold/mildew-resistant, & breathable. Latex offers pressure point relief, resilient support, & is durable.
- What your mattress is set on is just as important to the longevity of your mattress as what materials is used to make the mattress. With proper support, your mattress will keep its shape and structure the way it should. If you have a spring mattress such as a Pocket Coil, you will need to make sure you have a box spring to support your mattress. If you have a foam mattress, usually a solid platform will do just fine to support the mattress. Make sure there is no breaks in slats or that the base isn’t broken because this can cause your mattress to not last long.
- Invest in an excellent quality mattress protector to protect your mattress from stains and sweat. If you have children or pets, this is a must. Liquid spills or accidents on a mattress that doesn’t have a mattress protector will degrade the materials in your mattress altering the comfort and support. Also, your mattress is made of fibers that can trap smells that can be hard to get rid of. By using a mattress protector, you can eliminate these occurrences and preserve your mattress.
- Wash your bedding, including your mattress protector regularly. Think about it, when we sleep we lay on one sleeping surface covered with a fitted sheet and your body sheds skin cells, oils, & hair all day and night long. The skin cells, dust, and other particles stay on your sheets until you wash them. Washing them regularly keeps you from getting rashes and protects your mattress. Be sure to wash your mattress protector as well.
- Do not let your kids jump on your mattress. Yes, it can be fun and we all have memories of doing such things when we were younger, but it is bad for your mattress as well as your base. The mattress can wear down quickly and get damaged from jumping on the bed. It's best to keep jumping on the ground and to trampolines.
- Follow manufacture cleaning instructions. When cleaning your mattress, it is important to clean your mattress with products that are suitable for the type of mattress you have and ones that won’t compromise the quality of your mattress. To remove surface dust, vacuum your bed with a hose and can be done every 1-3 months. Stains can be cleaned with mild soap and water and allow the mattress to completely dry before making the bed. Letting in sunlight will help to dry your mattress.
The lifespan of your mattress can be preserved if you take care of your investment. Following these steps can help you enjoy your mattress longer.
Residential Mattress size is just as important as what materials are in your mattress. If you are sleeping on the wrong size bed for your needs, you could be setting yourself up for rough sleep. These examples below can help you decide if your current mattress is sufficient for your needs or if you need to ditch your mattress and go for a bigger option.
When you sleep on the correct size mattress for your needs, you'll have better more comfortable sleep than if you are sleeping on a bed that is too small for you. Rule of thumb: a couple should never sleep on a bed smaller than a Queen size. Some couples think it is okay to sleep on a Full size mattress, but if you measure the equal space both people are taking, it only measures to a crib size amount of space for sleeping per person, which is not sufficient for an adult. If you have any questions about mattress sizing, call us at 954-496-8400 or email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to help you find your perfect mattress size.
We’ve all heard about beauty sleep and some people insist on getting their beauty sleep so they go to bed early. But do we really know what “beauty sleep” does for our bodies? According to research, these people are on to something.
Sleep is great for our bodies for fighting infections, building our immune system, and many other benefits that we hardly notice. Turns out that getting great sleep can make an enormous difference in our appearance. Here’s how.
As far as our apperance is concerned, sleep is very important for keeping our skin healthy and vibrant. Getting an adequate amount of sleep can help keep wrinkles at bay because our body is able to make the right amount of Collagen and Hyaluronic acid – the molecules that give our skin that wonderful glow and keeping our skin hydrated. Without proper sleep, our bodies immune system increases inflammatory cells that breakdown Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid which leads to wrinkles and dehydrated - dull looking skin. Also, an increase of inflammatory response prompts acne formation, increased skin sensitivity, allergic reactions, and can cause more serious skin conditions such as Eczema and Psoriasis.
Sleep is important for the aging process as well. During sleep, growth hormones allows the body to become repaired. Without proper sleep, human growth hormones plummet causing weak bones, sagging skin, and loss of muscle mass. Loss of sleep leads to excess snacking and calorie consumption causing weight gain and increased chance of Diabetes. There is a balance that our bodies need to fight weight gain. If you’re dieting and sleeping well, your body will burn excess fat. If you’re dieting and not sleeping well, your body will turn to burning muscle mass which leads to weakness and lack of energy.
that you’re getting what your body needs for adequate beauty sleep – you need
to stay away from eating a big meal too late in the evening, no caffeine 4-6
hours before bed, drink plenty of water throughout the day and not late at
night, limit alcohol, regular exercise, & wake up every
morning at the same time, even on weekends.
Comfort Custom Mattresses & Marine Bedding was featured in an article called, "Soothing the Senses" written beautifully by Sara Ventiera in Dockwalk Magazine's June 2017 Issue.
The article "Soothing the Senses" is about interior design for yachts using a holistic approach. The article focuses on the senses and what holistic approaches you can take to improve or update your yacht.Here at Comfort Custom Mattresses we know that senses are very important and influence what people want. We focus on comfort, quality, luxury, & support when we make mattresses for our customers. Our company gets all of our materials in the U.S. and every mattress is handcrafted in our Factory and Showroom. We are very proud of the mattresses we make and we are delighted to be featured in Dockwalk Magazine's June Issue.
Sara Ventiera, the author of the article, called to speak with our company about the holistic mattresses we offer. Donna Ramnath, the office manager and knowledgeable mattress superstar, answered the call and spoke with Sara about the Latex material that we use for our mattresses. Donna told Sara that our Latex is naturally made using the Talalay Process. The Talalay process makes Latex natural, hypoallergenic, & eco-friendly.
Our Latex Mattresses keep your body aligned while you sleep with the supportive resilience and pressure points relief that Latex offers. A Latex mattress is perfect for those who suffer from allergies since Latex is hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, dust mite resistant, & mold/mildew-resistant. The holes located throughout the Latex allows air to circulate and stay breathable. Sleep cool and healthier on our natural Latex mattresses for your yacht, boat, RV, and home. Check out Donna's excerpt below for more information on our Latex.
We are very excited that we are featured in Dockwalk's June 2017 Issue & check out their magazine for more methods of holistic decorating and furnishing.
If you own an RV then you know that the mattress your RV came with is not very comfortable and not ideal for sleeping on multiple nights in a row. Whether you’re an occasional traveler or live the full-time RV life, you need a comfortable home quality mattress to sleep on.
You may notice it is difficult to find a mattress that will fit the allotted space in your RV because most RV mattresses are not standard sizes or shapes. RV sizes are sometimes shorter than a standard mattress and there for the mattress must be a custom size. RV Mattresses also do not usually take the shape of a traditional mattress. Some mattresses have rounded corners and some have cut out corners or even a hinge. A custom mattress will allow you to get the correct mattress size as well as the comfort you long for.
Here at Comfort Custom Mattresses, we take comfort and customization seriously. Not only do we make sure you have the correct mattress, but we custom build the mattresses from raw materials Made in America at our showroom & factory located in Fort Laurderdale, FL. We want you to know what is going into your mattress, so you can have the best sleep you can while traveling. Here are some examples of mattresses we have made in the past and how they are beneficial to you.
Our Pocket Coil Mattress is a step up from a traditional innerspring mattress for those of you who are used to an innerspring mattress, but do not want the cons of the innerspring mattress. The Pocket coils are individually cased to allow a more buoyant feel to the mattress and support your body and maintain body alignment. The Pocket Coils eliminate motion disturbance because you are sleeping on our own coils. A foam edge encases the coils for edge support and a pillow top cover is added on top for a cloud-like comfort.
Our Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress is a popular choice among travelers
because this mattress provides the ultimate comfort by contouring to your body.
The foam is infused with cooling beads that regulates your body temperature and
give you a cooling feel while you sleep. Our Cool gel memory foam is
laminated to our premium support foam for correct body alignment and support.
This mattress also eliminates motion disturbance and relieve pressure points.
Our Ultimate Mattress combines both Cool gel memory foam & Latex to give you a cooling sleeping surface as well as support from the Latex. The Cool gel memory foam provides contouring comfort while the Latex gives you maximum support due to the resilience of the Latex core and is breathable due to the small holes in the Latex. This mattress is the best mattress for eliminating motion transfer and never will create body indentations because the mattress always returns to its original shape. Say goodbye to a sagging & lumpy bumpy mattress. Our Ultimate Mattress also has a long-life span of approximately 20 years, which is much longer than a traditional mattress that needs to be replaced every 7 years. No wonder this mattress is our bestselling mattress to date.
These are some options for you to consider when buying a new
RV mattress. By buying a custom mattress, it will enhance your traveling
experience and help you get the most out of your trip. Trade in those sore days for hiking or experiencing the outdoors like you want to.
Call (954) 496-8400 to get more information on our mattresses from a member of our sales team or visit our website www.comfortcustombedding.com for more information on our mattresses.
Our Ultimate Mattress & Memory Foam Mattress both have great qualities. All of our mattresses are customized to your needs.
The Ultimate Mattress is exclusively hand-made at Comfort Custom Mattress & Marine Bedding, Inc. This mattress is our bestselling mattress and for good reason. Our Ultimate Mattress eliminates many concerns that customers usually have such as tossing & turning, body indentations, & pressure points. Our mattress relieves these symptoms because we use the top two foam materials in the industry which are cool gel memory foam and latex, as well as our premium support foam.
The Cool gel memory foam provides a cool surface & contouring comfort while you sleep. The Latex provides resilience support that pushes back on you to relieve pressure points & keeps your body aligned throughout the night.Our Cool gel memory foam mattress is infused with cooling beads that gives you a cool sleeping surface & regulates your body temperature for a more restful sleep.
The Ultimate Mattress has approx. a 20 year life span and will not get body indentations because the mattress returns back to the original shape.
Our Premium density foam core allows your body to achieve perfect alignment that halts aches and pains in their tracks. Premium density foam is comfortable and supportive, which makes a perfect base for the Cool gel memory foam that is laminated on top.The Cool gel memory foam eliminates motion disturbance and relieves pressure points for a restful night's sleep.These mattresses are both perfect for a boat, yacht, residence, RV, camper, trailer, etc. and is completely customizable. You can adjust the firmness to your liking. We can also create curves, bevels, & angels in the mattress so that your mattress has a perfect fit on board.
Give us a call or visit our website for pictures and more information about these mattresses. We look forward to serving you with Quality, Comfort, & Support.
If you have ever shopped for a mattress, you know that it is a decision you shouldn’t take lightly. Finding a mattress that has the perfect quality, comfort, & support should be at the top of your list. What if you don’t know if you need a new mattress? Or what the signs are that you need a new mattress?
These 5 signs are a sure bet that you need a new mattress.
Your bed is sagging or has indentations - If your bed is sagging or you have an indentation where you usually sleep and it feels like you’re falling into a hole when you lay down, it’s time for a new mattress. There will be no comfort or restful sleep with a mattress that has permanent indents or sags in it. Get a new mattress and go for something with a little more support like our Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress & Latex combination mattress. The Cool gel keeps you cool throughout the night and the Latex give the perfect amount of resistance that keeps your mattress from getting body impressions.
You wake up sore and tired - You should feel relaxed, rested, and ready for the day after laying on your mattress. If that feeling escapes you, then you may need a new mattress. When you wake up sore, you are less productive and more likely to be less active during the day. No one wants to be sore all day long. When you sleep, your body regenerates itself and protects against invaders, but if you’re not getting good sleep and tossing and turning throughout the night, you’re health will suffer because of your mattress. Trading good sleep for keeping an old mattress is never a good idea. Ditch the old mattress and get one with contouring comfort, support, and offers pressure point relief such as our bestselling mattress, The Ultimate Mattress. There is a reason why people ask about this mattress by name.
You have better sleep somewhere else - When you go to a hotel or a friends house, do you get better sleep? If your answer is YES, then you need a new mattress. You should have the best sleep when you are in the comfort of your own home, not when you’re on holiday or at a family member’s couch. You should feel like your bed is your sanctuary, somewhere where you know that you are going to have a positive experience. If you feel like your current bed is like sleeping on a rock, then we have a cloud-like mattress that will suit your needs and it’s our Pocket Coil Mattress. Our Pocket Coil mattress contours to your body.
Your partner isn’t sleeping - You may be getting a decent night’s sleep, but chances are that you and your partner may not have the same preference on mattress firmness. If you notice your partner is not sleeping well, it's time to get a new mattress. By going to a showroom like ours, you will get to lay on a variety of mattresses and talk to someone knowledgeable on what you would like in your custom mattress. We adjust your mattress to you and your partners perfect firmness. We make sure you get exactly what you and your partner want.
You don’t remember when was the last time you bought a mattress - If you can’t remember when you last got a new mattress, then it is definitely time to get a new mattress. Mattresses are not like wine, where they get better with age. Your mattress should not be over 7 years old because you wouldn’t be comfortable on that mattress. Your body naturally changes every year and within 7 years, your body could be drastically different. You may have lost or gained weight, which would mean your old mattress is probably uncomfortable to you. Do yourself a favor and invest in a great mattress that suits you. You wouldn’t keep a pair of shoes for 7 years and expect them to be just as comfortable as when you first got them or wear the same pair of shoes from age 7 to 14 and expect them to fit. Upgrade your mattress as your needs change.
By keeping these rules of thumb in mind is a great start to figuring out if you need a new mattress or when to get a new mattress. Be sure that you do your homework, speak to someone knowledgeable of different materials that would suit your needs. It is best to buy a mattress that is made custom for you as opposed to a mass production mattress from a box store that may only take care of one of your needs and not meet them all.
We've all heard for years that getting enough sleep is vital to a healthy functioning body. We have been told by doctors, teachers, & parents that it is very important to get a restful nights sleep, especially before a big test or presentation at work. But have you ever thought about why they stress this or what happens to the body systems when you don't get enough sleep? Body systems are effected by lack of sleep and if you're continually not getting enough sleep, it can lead to more serious problems.
Central Nervous System:
When you get enough sleep, your Central Nervous System rests the busy neurons that have kept you productive all day and builds new pathways to keep you productive tomorrow. However, without proper rest these pathways can't be built and the neurons don't rest. This leaves you open to feeling sluggish, tired, and sometimes short tempered. Your concentration slips, ability to learn lacks, and your brain is exhausted.Immune System:
Your Immune System plays a important role of fighting off invaders, illnesses, & disease and with a restful night's sleep, your immune system will produce antibodies to fight infections and develop new cells. If you aren't getting enough sleep, your body doesn't have time to rebuild it's forces. The front line of defense is broken, weak, and not able to efficiently protect you against invaders. You have a higher risk for infection, illness, and your body will take longer to recover. Without adequate sleep you are also at higher risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes.Respiratory System:
With proper sleep, your immune system will fight against illnesses and is vital to your Respiratory System. Without sleep, your respiratory system is open to invaders that your immune system cannot fight off. You're more likely to get a cold or Influenza than you would be if you had proper sleep.Digestive System:
Your Digestive System is very important to your everyday life. It digests nutrients from food, eliminates waste, and your immune system lives there. Sleep deprivation causes weight gain according to Harvard Medical School. The risk of obesity is higher caused by over eating due to lack of sleep. You'll feel your energy is low due to poor absorption of nutrients. The stress hormone Cortisol will increase leaving you on edge & fatigued. More than normal amounts of Insulin are released after a meal, promoting fat storage and Type 2 Diabetes.Cardiovascular System:
The body heals adequately when you have enough sleep opposed to when you lack sleep. Your body won't heal properly and leaves you at risk for infection. Lack of sleep causes us to not adequately repair your blood vessels and heart, which leads to High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, and Stroke.It is very important for our bodies to get sleep, otherwise our body systems will not work properly and will leave us open to infections and disease. Now that you know the truth behind why everyone is telling you to get good sleep, here are a few tips from The Mayo Clinic and Comfort Custom Mattresses & Marine Bedding, Inc. on getting good sleep:
1. Stick to a sleep schedule- Even on a holiday, go to sleep and get up at the same time to keep body systems functioning properly. If you cant sleep, get up and do something relaxing for 15 minutes, such as reading a book, yoga, or drink tea & try to fall asleep again.Incorporate some of these tips before going to bed and see if they help you to sleep. Give us a call at (954) 496-8400 to see how we can help make you a custom mattress as well as custom sheets to make your bed more inviting.
2. Watch what you eat before bed- Don't go to bed hungry or full. Limit caffeine and nicotine because these both are stimulates and will likely keep you awake. Going to bed full causes weight gain due to your digestive system not working like it should like during the day time.
3. Create a bedtime ritual- Creating a ritual allows your body to know when it's time to wind down. Our body will know when to relax and get the your systems ready to switch over to night shift. Routines are not only for our kids, we benefit from routines too.
4. Comfortable environment- Create a comfortable environment with cool temperatures and dark shades. This allows the mind to rest and relax setting you up for a comfortable night of sleep.
5. Mattress matters - Most of all, make sure you are sleeping on a good mattress and one that suits you needs. If you are a couple, you and your partner shouldn't sleep on a mattress smaller than a queen size. Bed sheets can give you comfort and style which makes your bed more inviting.